TPCA’s Mission Statement
Texas Prisons Community Advocates (TPCA) educates and supports family members, incarcerated individuals and others by connecting them to organizational resources, encouraging awareness, and advocacy for the advancement of humane conditions within the Texas Prisons.
1. Connecting individuals to organizational resources and support regarding inhumane prison conditions.
2. To hold a TDCJ accountable for the current policy i.e. Heat Directive. (Unfortunately, policy does not always equal practice).
3. Ensure that TDCJ maintains safe and humane standards within all their facilities that promote incarcerated individuals’ wellbeing.
4. Empower and Educate Family members and Incarcerated individuals for Advocacy.
5. Increase public awareness of detrimental prison conditions within TDCJ facilities.